Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website and electronic-based features. The information contained on and through our website and other electronic functions should assist you in learning more about our insurance and financial products and services. You also may find additional information about us from our independent insurance agent network. Contact us to find a local agent.
By visiting our website and by using our electronic-based features, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions, and your continued use of our website and features constitutes your acceptance of any changes to these terms and conditions:
1. The meaning of the term “Web System” used in these terms and conditions includes all of the following: This website and the functions and information provided on and through this website and any other customer–accessible electronic systems.
2. Our Web System and its functions and content are owned by us and are intended to provide our current and prospective policyholders and customers with information about us and our insurance and financial products and services, and to allow our policyholders and customers to make payments and take other actions on their accounts and to receive information and certain documents electronically. You are authorized to use our Web System for those purposes.
4. Certain sections of our Web System - such as the Agent Login section, are restricted and require a user identification code and a password for access. Unauthorized use of, or access to, these areas are strictly prohibited. When accessing an area requiring a user ID and password, you agree that we are entitled to act on the instructions received under your user ID and password.
5. You will keep your user ID and password confidential and you will notify us immediately if you believe someone else has obtained your user ID and password. You also notify us if any unauthorized access to your account through the Web System has or may occur.
6. We may, but are not obligated to, block access to password-protected areas of the Web System without prior notice if we believe your user ID and password are being used by someone other than you, if any unauthorized access to your personal information has occurred or may occur, or for other reasons.
7. We do not authorize (a) anyone other than you to use the sections or features requiring registration, a username and/or password; or (b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use.
8. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify us immediately by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (800)732-3555.
9. We prohibit any use of our Web System in a manner that:
harasses, abuses, threatens, defames or otherwise infringes upon the rights of any other party;
is unlawful, fraudulent or deceptive;
uses technology or any other means to gain unauthorized access to any part of the Web System or our computer networks or user accounts;
uses, attempts to use or otherwise introduces automated processes, bots, spiders, screen scrapers, viruses, malware, adware or any other software computer code that interrupts, destroys, limits, or surreptitiously monitors software, hardware or electronic communications; or
damages, interferes with, or overburdens any of our equipment or software, or threatens to do so.
10. You may not use our Web System to advertise, solicit or market without our prior written approval.
12. The nature of electronic communications allows users to visit our Web System from locations outside those states within the United States where we are authorized to conduct business. Please note that our products and services are not available in all states, but instead are available to you only in those jurisdictions where we are authorized or permitted by law to market or sell them.
13. We own the information, logos and other intellectual property on our Web System. You may not display or otherwise use our information, logos or intellectual property without our prior written approval.
17. Our Web System and its functions are separate and apart from any services provided to you, or any charges that may be assessed to you, by your wireless or other communications provider. You are responsible for paying any fees or other charges that your wireless or other communications provider may charge for any related data or messaging services.
18. Our Web System availability and response time are subject to market and communication conditions.
19. Disclaimer of Warranty. We provide this Web System and its functions to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this Web System and its functions, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant or represent that the functions or operation of the Web System will be free of interruption, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components.
20. Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON ANY INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM) THAT ARE RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ANY FUNCTION OR FEATURE OF OUR WEB SYSTEM INCLUDING THE CONTENT AND FUNCTIONS OF OUR WEB SYSTEM, MOBILE APPLICATION, OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
21. Termination of Application or Access to the Application. We reserve the right to terminate this Web System or any of its functions, including, but limited to, any mobile application service, or your access to them, at any time for any reason.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Use of our Web System and its functions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any dispute or lawsuit concerning use of our Web System and its functions shall be subject to the exclusive venue of a court of competent jurisdiction in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, as applicable. By using our Web System, you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and agree to accept service of process issued by such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act or any substantially similar law, if enacted, will not govern any aspect of these Terms or your access to our Web System.
24. Errors and Questions. In case of errors or questions about your transactions with us via this Web System, you should notify us as soon as possible via one of the following:
Telephone us at: (800)732-3555
Write us at:
Conestoga Title Insurance Co.
ATTN: John Nikolaus, CLTP – President
137 E. King Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
25. The information presented on this Web System is not an insurance policy, declarations page or endorsement. If you are one of our policyholders, you acknowledge your understanding that you must refer to your insurance policy with us for the terms and conditions of coverage, and that you should contact your insurance agent if you have any questions.